Referral to Residential Rehab
The most thorough type of drug and alcohol addiction treatment available is residential rehab, which usually entails residing at a clinic for the duration of your plan. While every facility is unique, most rehab centres emphasise abstinence, and depending on the severity of the patient’s addiction, stays can range from four weeks to six months.
CATCH Recovery Ireland is part of the Castle Health Group, a network of reputable and long-standing residential rehabs in the UK and Ireland. Other facilities include:
- Smarmore Castle, Ireland, established in 2015
- Castle Craig, Scotland, established in 1988
- CATCH Recovery, London established in 2020
The aim of the Castle Craig Health Group is to guide and support our patients through the full process of admission – assessments – detox – therapy – continuing care planning – aftercare.
What to Expect from Residential Rehabilitation
We recognise that enrolling in a residential recovery facility may seem intimidating. Before you are admitted, our staff at CATCH Recovery is happy to address any concerns you may have in order to make your transition into treatment more comfortable. Similarly, the clinic you visit will make every effort to calm your worry before you arrive. You might be concerned about going through the detox process, whether you’ll fit in, or being vulnerable around strangers. While it could seem overwhelming, keep in mind that you’ll be with people who share your interests and experiences. Making connections with others who can relate to your circumstances and position can be very helpful for your rehabilitation.
The removal of toxins from your body is referred to as detoxification, which is the following stage of the healing process. Depending on the extent of your addiction, this stage may be painful as your body tries to acclimatise to life without a particular substance. ‘Withdrawal’ is a procedure. The nursing staff will be on duty around-the-clock to keep an eye on you and support you through any challenges, and the medication that the clinic doctor prescribes can help to lessen some of the unpleasant symptoms of drug and alcohol withdrawal.
You will be able to participate in the treatment and activity programme, which can be rather demanding but very gratifying, once your detox symptoms have stabilised.
Entering residential rehabilitation is a significant and transformative step towards overcoming addiction and reclaiming your life. Here’s what you can expect from a residential rehabilitation program:
- Safe and Supportive Environment: Residential rehabilitation provides a safe and supportive environment where you can focus entirely on your recovery. Trained professionals are available round-the-clock to ensure your safety and well-being.
- Comprehensive Assessment: Upon admission, you will undergo a thorough assessment to determine the extent of your addiction and any co-occurring mental health issues. This assessment helps in creating an individualized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
- Detoxification: If necessary, the first phase of your rehabilitation journey will involve detoxification, during which your body will rid itself of drugs or alcohol under medical supervision. Detoxification can be a challenging process, but you will be supported by healthcare professionals who will manage any withdrawal symptoms.
- Evidence-Based Therapies: Residential rehabilitation programs offer a range of evidence-based therapies such as cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), individual counselling, group therapy, and family therapy. These therapies aim to help you understand the underlying causes of addiction, develop coping mechanisms, and rebuild healthy relationships.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Many individuals struggling with addiction also experience co-occurring mental health disorders. Residential rehabilitation programs often provide integrated treatment for dual diagnosis, addressing both addiction and mental health issues simultaneously.
- Holistic Approaches: In addition to therapy, residential rehabilitation may incorporate holistic approaches to support your overall well-being. This may include activities such as mindfulness meditation, yoga, art therapy, and physical exercise, which can enhance your mental, emotional, and spiritual recovery.
Residential Rehab Benefits
It will be possible for you to concentrate on your recuperation if you move away from your obligations to family, work, and friends. In residential rehab, you will learn therapeutic techniques to help you avoid relapsing as well as communication and life skills. Instead of focusing on the obligations in your personal and social life, choosing to receive addiction treatment at an inpatient facility helps you to be present in every moment of your journey to sobriety.
A crucial element that can ensure the success of the rehabilitation course is this kind of treatment. Patients may benefit from the following:
- Experienced personnel is on duty around-the-clock to make sure you’re safe and comfortable while detoxing.
- A chance to concentrate on your recovery. Recovery is a process that requires persistence and time. You can break from routine obligations and peer pressure at a residential rehab. The absence of alcohol and drugs fosters the therapeutic process.
- A setting that is therapeutic and drug-free Patients who are addicted may experience physical, mental, and emotional effects. The healing environment encourages patients and aids them in discovering their inner fortitude so they may swap out unhealthy coping mechanisms with addictive habits. Patients can rehabilitate on their own time with the help of regular exercise, a nutritious diet, ongoing counselling, and quiet housing.
- A caring environment: Residents are surrounded by knowledgeable professionals who use their expertise to help patients on their path to sobriety. Patients in our facilities form enduring relationships with their peers who have gone through comparable circumstances.
Choosing the Best Residential Rehabilitation Facility
In the UK and Ireland, CATCH collaborates with residential rehabilitation centres. You can learn to adapt to a daily programme that includes attending different therapies and meetings or participating in creative activities by going to residential rehab for therapy. Patients receive nourishing meals on a regular basis and get to take relaxation breaks at our partner clinics. This routine’s structure aids everyone’s recovery, both mentally and physically. We advise considering the following aspects if you are struggling with addiction and need help selecting the best treatment facility for you:
Ask about the facility’s CQC accreditation before choosing a treatment clinic’s programmes and amenities. Credible addiction treatment facilities make sure to prominently promote their accreditation on their website’s main page or another page.
Accreditation proves the clinic adheres to high standards and shows the medical staff’s dedication to providing the finest care possible for their patients.
Typically, the website of a clinic with a residential treatment programme will contain information about each team member. Information on the staff may aid patients in understanding the types of employees the treatment centre employs, their qualifications, and the scope of their experience.
A reputable treatment facility must provide both individual and group therapy, as well as medication-based treatment as necessary. The skilled treatment facility may also offer patients a range of complementary, specialist, and experiential therapies.
Patients who are cared for and supported by a sympathetic medical staff may recover and mend successfully. When contacting treatment centres for information, be watchful if your questions are answered patiently and with compassion. These are the essential characteristics you must look for when interacting with the personnel before selecting the residential rehab facility for your rehabilitation. Continue your search if, at any time during the meeting with admissions specialists, you feel ignored or judged. Patients need assistance, compassion, and understanding because addiction is a difficult disorder.
Ready to Begin Your Journey Towards Recovery?
We understand the challenges and emotions that come with seeking inpatient referral for addiction treatment. Remember, you are not alone in this journey. Our dedicated team at CATCH Recovery is here to support you every step of the way.
If you are ready to take this transformative step or have any questions, we are just a call away. Contact us at +353 (0)1 270 7603 to start your journey towards healing and recovery.
Alternatively, you can conveniently fill out our online contact form, and our team will respond promptly. Each step you take brings you closer to a healthier, more fulfilling life. Let us guide you through the process of finding the right inpatient treatment program tailored to your needs. Together, we can pave the way to a brighter future.